Rita Pierson: Every kid needs a champion

One of the most inspirational videos I came across during teacher's college was Rita Pierson's Ted Talk video! Her message reminds educators to never give up on your students and to never forget the human connection we all share.




I remember in teacher's college, one of my professor's asked us to share who inspired us to become a teacher. By the time everyone in the class finished answering the question, everyone's reason for choosing  a teacher who inspired them could be attributed to the teacher's soft skills. My classmates responses all reflected how a teacher they once had was kind, empathetic, compassionate, helpful and caring.

Whenever anyone asks me who inspired me to become a teacher, I always tell them it was my first teacher when I arrived to Canada. The care, warmth and compassion she conveyed made me feel like everything was going to be okay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professional Learning Network

Tribes Learning Communities